Monday, May 19, 2008

A trip to the local Dr

So this morning I toddled off to see the local Dr in this whoop whoop town in remoteness Far Nth QLD. I decided I should go so that we could organise the early scan that checks for the heartbeat.

We don't have sonographers here, so we have one that flies in once a month for 2 days, otherwise you have to fly out to Cairns to have ultrasounds. I knew when the sonographer was next due in and decided it was too early, so I wanted to ask to book flights and get referral to fly out.. well that didn't go quite as planned, silly GP insistant on my havng the early scan here and then if no heartbeat then I can fly out a week later to have it repeated. Non too happy about that I tell ya!, but no amount of discussion from nurse Sandy was going to change his mind! I was really hoping to avoid ambiguous results after last years experience of multiple scans all trying to find that heartbeat that never happened..

Anyhow its booked, I will be only 6 weeks 3 days and it will be the afternoon of Thursday 5th June. One thing I guess, Shannon will be able to be with me.

Dr also did bloods. After all my over thinking hcg levels etc before, I decided 'what the heck' I am confident that they will be fine and hopefully they will do nothing but reassure me. I am only just 14 days since egg pick up today, so anything around 60 would keep me happy. For the pg that never took off last year, my levels were:
14dpo - 26
17dpo - 47
21dpo - 240
24dpo - 550

So as you can see they never really took off, there was obviously something wrong from the start, but boy it was hard to go through..

So off course I am sure I won't be able to help compare, but fingers crossed it will be all good.

I should find out the result tomorrow sometime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you blog!!! Yay!! I will be watching this pregnancy very closely Sandy and whooping with joy when you get to hold your new bundle in your arms.

I shall check back tomorrow for those blood test results!!

Donna (supercat)

xxx

Mary said...

Welcome to Blog Land Sandy. Looking forward to reading more about your journey.

Marywin

3TinLids said...

Congrats and goodluck with your pregnancy. I have been watching your progress on EB.

Rebecca (3TinLids on EB)

PS I am an RN too!