Monday, May 12, 2008

Out of the mouth of.. Laci

Yesterday was Mothers day, a day of mixed emotions for me. Thinking about my own mum and how sad I am that I never got to know her as an adult, all the things I would have loved to have chatted to her about in all the years since I was 12..

Also a day when I feel truly blessed, blessed to have Laci my gorgeous healthy talkative and unique 3 year old :) But yes, also the sadness that Piper is not here with us, how wonderful it would be to have my 2 girls here together, and sad that it is getting closer to the time where it may be permanently decided that Laci will be our own living child.

So last night as I lay in bed I was thinking of all the happiness that Laci brings ours lives. So I thought, I really should document some of the things that my girl comes out with these days.

" I love you soo much Mummy, in the whole world" (multiple times a day)

"Oh you look pretty Mummy" (ha ha when I am in shorts and t-shirt)

When I responded to her asking question after question in the car with "I don't know sweetheart, Mummy doesn't know everything" she replied "Daddy does!"

When I also replied to her request to fix something and I told her that sometimes things can't be fixed and that I couldn't fix everything.. you guessed it, she replied with "Daddy can!"

Telling me this morning "Some boys have big boobs Mummy, bigger than my little ones!" (she is completely fascinated with all things that make you a girl at the moment)

Our girl constantly dazzles us with her memory of things sometimes seen or told to her weeks and weeks before. After our trip to the aquarium in Sydney, her Poppy asked her 2 days later what she had seen at the aquarium. expecting a response like "oh some fishes" but instead Laci replies, "oh we saw Sharks with big teeth, a stingray, some fish and some were blue, a crocodile that looked at me with one eye, some fairy penguins that were swimming, some seals that were laying in the sun, a starfish that I got to touch, some seahorses and I think that was about it" ha ha my Dad was a little stunned!

A few days ago we were in the bathroom and she said "Oh look its a rainbow on the door, the rainbow is coming from the window because the sun is shining through, but rainbows don't last very long you know" Ah she just blows me away some days!

Love you sweet girl xxx

1 comment:

Kaysie said...

Was thinking of you and little piper yesterday and how hard it must be for you..

Glad you had a nice day though...

Arent these little ones soo amazing what they know and remember.. HOl remembers everything too..

Hope the 2ww is trreating you kindly...

Love
Kaysie