Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lounge Lizard

Yep that's me! Looks like the lounge is going to be my regular position for quite some months now. A wonderful friend gave us her old laptop when she upgraded and Shannon set me up last night with wireless broadband on it. I was finding it way too painful to sit upright on the computer chair, so now I can laze here and browse and update, albeit the typing is slow in this postion :)

So, what's new, well besides the pain in my pelvis, my legs, my lower back and the butt lol I now have a new pain on the front upper right hand side of my body, above the baby and hurts with movement, I am assuming it is a pulled muscle from my extreme difficulties at times moving. Yesterday after a quiet week I decided to venture out briefly to the shops to meet a friend who was down from Weipa, I hardly did anything but really suffered last night and today. In all honesty, it is getting me down, I was even eyeing off one of those granny puch thingys with the seat today and a wheelchair for outings even appeals :( I can't believe I am only 17 weeks tomorrow, so early to be in so much pain but also great that for me I am halfway I would say!

Shannon is away from 5am Monday morning till Friday afternoon this week. I expect it will be a long week for me. I am having my first psychologist appointment on Tuesday though, so hopefully that will be good for me.

I expect now that I am pretty much housebound and have this laptop that updates will be more frequent though I can't promise they will too interesting.. I am finding it great just to get it out though.

But if you are out there reading me, please please comment so I know I am not just talking to myself, this is going to be a long road and I think I am going to need more support as the weeks tick by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,

Just an EBer saying congratulations, and all the best for the rest of your pregnancy!
Would hot water bottles be nice on your sore areas?? Let me know if you need a couple and I can pop them in the post - we have a few sitting here we never used!!

Do you have some good books?? If you find some titles online, you could try looking them up if your library has an online catalogue, or give them a call and someone can just pop in and pick them up!!

If you are feeling down and want to look at funny things, have a look on failblog.org (lots of FUN!)

Good luck!! Hope you are feeling much less sore soon!

Steggles from EB!

Being Me said...

*waving* I'm here! You're on my RSS feed, never miss a post ;)

I feel your pain! I remember it.... Reading your entry a few weeks back, I could really sympathise - I got SPD at 22wks with Ella and at 15 weeks with Lauryn. UGH.

The house/lounge-boundness does NOT help! :( Do try to do gentle moving (I know, I know, I am wincing for you as I type!) because you should find it makes a difference than if you remain stagnant.

Also, I found weekly massage was the only thing that held my pelvic area together and helped get that leg swing happening (was getting this from week 24 with L and wished I'd tried it sooner). Perhaps think about a good masseur? I know some swear by physios... they never did anything for me, not even post birth. Also, what about Osteopathy??

xox Feeling for you hon. It is the PITS and will make it feel like it is going sooo much slower. But now that it's happened, anything to reduce or limit your pain, huh?