Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Updates

So today I am 14 weeks 2 days and I think maybe just maybe I am at my 'glowing stage' I have had 3 comments over the last 2 days that I am looking well, happy and relaxed. And you know what? I think I am! This is the best time of pregnancy for me, before the intense monitoring and stress starts at about 24 weeks begins.

I made a big decision this week though, may not seem like it to you all but to me is was big. For my past pregnancies I have always gone through the public system, I guess I fugure I am going to end up at the nearest major hospital for delivery anyhow with a preterm bub that I might as well have my care there.. But this week at my 14 week appointment all the past issues I delt with in Laci's pregnancy came floooding back. The long waits in the crowded waiting rooms, the 5th different registrar since my first visit. Me having to tell my story over and over again every appointment (getting me upset every time) then having to answer the same blooming questions (some of them just showing pure lack of knowledge on their behalf) so that by the end of appointment I feel like nothing has been achieved except re-hashing my history. So this week I lost it! I have had enough! I asked what was involved in going private and it was surprisingly easy!

So today I had my first appointment with my new wonderful ob. She was so compassionate and thorough and we made a solid plan! I feel so good about this decision. I will still deliver via caesarean at the public hospital but she will be the one doing it. Oh its going to be so nice having the same OB through this journey.

She has lovely rooms with two very nice midwives, I just feel so calm when I walk in there whch is completely different when I go to the hospital walking past the Neonatal intensive care every time and not knowing which dr I am going to get this time..

She also is highly skilled in scans and will be doing all her scans in her rooms! Oh bliss! Considering how many scans I will have this is awesome! They even have CTG monitoring there.

So basically at the moment, it is just the planning, my next appointment is not until 18 weeks, then at 19 weeks will be the morphology scan. Then see what happens. I will however be definately be at the obs weekly from 26 weeks with steriods from 27 weeks and then we will take it from there.

I feel really happy that things will be easier for me this time, anything to reduce a little stress hey?

1 comment:

Being Me said...

*raucous applause* YAY to the one care-giver! So glad she is wonderful for you.

I would be LOST without my Ob by now!

xxx