Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our first weekend

So its our first weekend at our new place in Cairns. Still have some unpacking to do but getting there. I start my new job on Monday and Shannon flies out to Weipa for 2 nights on Monday morning. He will have to go back once a fortnight.

Today we did some groceries and this included going to the big fruit and veg market. We are still amazed at not only the great quality of foods but the prices. Everything just seems so so cheap to us after years in remoteness. Tonight we are having $3.95 pizza, what!? Seems crazy, though I am sure won't take long to adjust to :)

I forgot to mention that I decided to rent a doppler to hear sparkles heartbeat. With Laci's pregnancy I got it at almost 12 weeks and heard it straight away. I got it earlier this time but knew I may not hear it ye. I have been trying daily since about 9 week in the hope and last night at 10 weeks 4 days there is was thumping away :) I can't believe how much movement I am feeling now already, its no longer just bubbles but rolling flip flop feeling. I am in love!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Welcome to North Queensland!
Great news on the heart beat!