Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A sigh of relief

I found out yesterday that my claim for income protection insurance has been approved. Will still be over a week till the money comes through, but I will get weekly amounts equivilant to 75% of my income. Considering I was only working 3 days a week it is not huge but it is going to make a huge difference especially with ob fees, acupuncture and massage etc. The income protection will cover my until my maternity leave kick in 6 weeks before my due date. I asked about if bub comes earlier but that doesn't affect it. The thanks to QLD gov job I get 14 weeks paid maternity leave which I can take as half pay over 28 weeks. It means we will have some moment coming in until the end of 2009 finiancial year. This is big news for us as in both Pipers and Lacis pregnancies I was unpaid leave from very early on and then when they came early Shannon was also on unpaid for quite some time. It really did add to the stress.

On the night of the ultrasound this week, I had a bit of a freak out when I let it sink in that I have grade 4 placenta previa. I just can't believe I had to get that thrown in on top of everything else.. Anyhow, have decided to keep positive and think that probably in my case it hopefully won't affect me as I don't get very far into the third trimester anyhow and that is when most problems happen. Just hoping I don't get a bleed before 30 weeks because if contractions start then they will want to whip him out due to the condition of my uterus not being able to cope with contractions..

I am starting to feel the heat. Something that usually doesn't bother me too much, over the last couple of days I have needed the air con on at home for a couple of hours otherwise I just feel yuck.

Hmm what else, oh I have gained a grand total of 4 kilos since the pregnancy began. I am pretty happy with that, seems to be in the normal range. I feel like I am eating alot as am hungry every 2 hours or so, but I am making good choices. Feeling a bit blergh about my body image at the moment but am pushing that away. This is only a temporary situation and the health of me and bub is what is important. I certinaly know how to lose weight and am actually excited to be doing that after all this and keeping it off without all the fertility drugs messing with my moods and therefore my comfort eating!

We decided to tell Laci about bub being a boy, well actually I did :) She had been mainly referring to him as a he anyhow, but was a lovely moment. I also decided to tell the inlaws. I figure if we wait for the birth I miss out on the moment and I knew she would be thirlled. And yep she was! Was very cool.

Well off to have bloods done to check my platelets (I have a low platelet issue) and check on the usual stuff as well then its off to acupuncture.

We had planned to drive down to Townsville to inlaws for a long weekend this weekend, not sure if the $$ will stretch, guess we better make a decsion soon seeming its wednesday :)

1 comment:

Kaysie said...

OH mate... its really NOT fair is it... I know how you feel ( well not completely as you have your experience with piper that I thankfully havnet been through). I know how hard and frustrating it is taht everyone else seems to have normal pg and you just keep getting one thing after anothe cropping up on what should be such a special time of your life..

I know the anxiety is in your mind 24 hours a day. TRY and relax and enjoy every moment. I know how hard it is, but I KNOW you will carry this boy to a good gestation. TRY and think positive. I will be thinking positive for you..

Love to you

Kaysie