Monday, November 17, 2008

30 weeks today!

So I actually made it to 30 weeks! Only just lol

But what a day! Has been a rough day emotionally for me up and down and really starting to be not very tolerant of nursing staff etc..

Anyhow, had a crap sleep and woke with the intention of speaking to ob today about requesting to change my ultrasound from tuesday to today. Mainly that this waiting is really starting to do my head in. Also for the past 4-5 days bubs movements have really changed. Much less frequent and not as strong :( I have mentioned this to my ob over the past few days.

So we had a good chat this morning and she said that she really wanted to hold off on the scan till tomorrow afternoon as planned.. They would continue the twice daily ctgs and if anything changed she would be in. She said she is not sure why the movement seems reduced but perhaps because I am on so much medication etc.. I am also worried that it is because the fluid has dropped off even more (it is already only on 2.5th centile)..

Anyhow, so I was annoyed as you can imagaine, but what can I do?

She also told me to not have lunch tomorrow :o so we are prepared to c/s after scan if it is not what we hope for :(

So then Mother in law arrived with Shannon,(she has flown up to help out with Laci etc). Shannon has taken mon-wed off at this stage till we know.

They hook me up to the ctg...long story short, bub not being very reactive at all, heartrate not variable and hardly moving :( We try me moving, sweet things etc. No change. They tell me they are ringing ob. Then they tell me she will be in at 1pm (it is now 11.30) but that she wants to keep the ctg on..

Another 30 mins pass and bub does get active and shows some variability so they take the ctg off. We get to 2pm and no ob, so I ask when is she coming and the midwife says, oh we rang her back and told her it improved so she's not coming! So for over 2 hours, DH, MIL and I were on tenterhooks wondering.. Anyhow you get the picture, I was peeved!

Hmm and me, still constant headache, BP ok, not great but ok. SUPER dry mouth, saliva gone AWOL with the high doses of bp meds I am on now..

JUst feeling over it!

Repeating CTG tonight after 8pm.

Bring on tomorrow!

Ob said scan will be about 3pm QLD time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the scan. I can't even begin to imagine how stressed you must be at the moment. Sleep deprivation is torture!!!