Friday, October 31, 2008

I haven't been very cheery, have I?

I was reading back on some of my posts and gee I don't sound very appreciative do I? I was thinking about it this morning.. Yes the pain is getting me down, yes I hate all these investigations and stress I have to go through.. But wow this is so worth every minute of it!

I honestly feel so so blessed to have this opportunity again and am simply over the moon that so far our little man is looking great. I am so happy for Shannon that he is getting a son, I love feeling his movements and seing my belly do a little dance, I can't wait to hold him in my arms. I can't wait for Laci to meet her brother.

Don't get me wrong I am scared that this is all too good to be true, but I try my best to push it away and enjoy the moment. I will never get to experience pregnancy again, feel the kicks and wonder just what our little blessing will be like.

When I look back at what I have been through to have my family, I don't feel ripped off, I don't feel angry, I feel so so lucky. So lucky that with my crappy body and my crappy obstetric history that I am going to be lucky enough to have two beautiful children to raise and a brave little fighter looking over us.

In my depths of grief after Piper died, I never dreamed things coud turn out like this. This truly is so so wonderful and I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just a lurker from EB. Have been wondering whether you got the results back from the 24 hour test? Hope you are well and not in too much pain! :)

Unknown said...

Sandy - you are obviously grateful but despite as you put it - your "crappy" history - you still have every right to whinge and complain about the pain and discomfort like any other pregnant woman does. I hope that your BP and Griffin sit tight for a little longer and that the pain is bearable. Good Luck!